Distance- Approximately 6 miles.
Time- Between 3 and 4 hours depending on pace.
Dog suitability: Dogs are not permitted around the reservoir, you can bypass this section by skipping steps 12-18. Dogs should still be kept on leads when directed to.
Tips- Quite long but mostly on paths and tracks so would recommend comfortable footwear.
-Quite exposed so make sure you have a coat in the rain and suncream and a hat in the sun!
(1) Walk past the game room and up past the two small pods.
(2) Exit the site by the first gate on the left and follow the fence until you reach a stile.
(3) Cross over both stiles and follow the path through the trees until you reach the gate.
(4) Go through the gate and follow the track down to the houses, going past the second gate and through to the small gate
(5) Go through the small gate and follow the track up to the main road.
(6) Continue up the main road for around 10-15 minutes until you come to this gate, cross over the road and go through the gate.
(7) Going up the path, go through the gate you will see on your right and follow the path.
(8) Follow this path, continuing until you reach the gate.
(9) Having gone through the gate, turn left and go through the large gate onto a track.
(10) Continue along this track, crossing through the first gate you get to but staying on the track for around 20 minutes.
(11) Upon reaching this gate cross through and then turn right, continue down the path.
(12) Follow this path until you see the reservoir, walk down the hill until you reach this gates at the bottom.
(13) Go through the smaller gate to your left, please note dogs are not allowed past this point.
(14) Follow the path round until you reach the sailing club, going through the gate when you get there.
(15) Once past the sailing club, continue right and go through the gate.
(16) Continue round the reservoir until you reach a small gate.
(17) From here, turn right and continue along the track until you reach the gate at the bottom of the hill.
(18) From here, turn right and continue along the track until you reach the gate at the bottom of the hill.
(19) Go past the monument through the gate and continue along the track until the path splits, take the path to the left that leads up a gentle slope.
(20) Follow the path until you get to the houses.
(21) Go past the houses until you reach the main road, once there cross over the road and turn right.
(22) Go back down the main road, turning left when you reach the cattle grid.
(23) Go over the cattle grid and go through the small gate past the houses.
(24) Go up the track directly ahead of you and go through the gate, continue to the next gate and go through this too.
(25) Go through the small gate on the side and head back through the woodland area (with the pylon in) and make your way back through the field to the stiles.
(26) Upon reaching the stiles, cross over both of them and follow the fence back to Rossendale Holiday Cottages, when you return, go through the gate and walk back down past the pods.